Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
About Medallia’s Market Intelligence Team: The Market Intelligence team develops critical market insights that help shape Medallia’s organizational strategy and drives our point of view in the market. We take a data-driven approach to uncover new growth opportunities, influence prospective sales deals around the world, and produce industry-leading research for the experience management category Medallia created.
The Competitive Intelligence Senior Manager will play a critical role on the Market Intelligence team - gathering, analyzing, and shaping our competitive understanding to improve Medallia’s decision making and preserve our market leadership position. The role carries significant responsibility to help shape our sales GTM, inform our messaging, and influence our product roadmap. The ideal candidate can assess a wide array of quantitative and qualitative data points, identify what’s important, and communicate actionable insights to a variety of audiences with effective and scalable content (newsletters, battle cards, webinars, white papers, etc).
- Research, track, and analyze key competitors in the customer experience space as well as emerging competitive threats and trends from adjacent areas.
- Develop competitive and market assessments to understand market dynamics and trends, and disseminate key findings to executive leaders and other stakeholders across the company
- Build competitive sales assets (e.g. battle cards, competitive playbooks, product comparisons) and enable sales ecosystem to get the most out of them
- Manage day-to-day win/loss program and perform rigorous data analysis across our win/loss data
- Collaborate with senior product, marketing and sales leadership in defining competitive positioning
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence or similar role, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment. - 2+ years of experience analyzing data in a business, academic, or related context (e.g., management consulting, high-tech, market research) and presenting findings through data driven storytelling.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or technology field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- MBA or relevant advanced degree
- Knowledge of customer and employee experience, or related technology or SaaS experience
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) or scripting languages (e.g., R, Python)
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies