Account Director - NYC
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, Washington D.C., New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv, here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
A Customer Account Director will own long-term relationship planning for accounts in the West Region and partners as well as support the sales team in reaching new client acquisition targets. They will ensure our customers are successful with Medallia, whilst growing the breadth and depth of the relationships. Key goals include installing new processes and a customer journey playbook with key milestones at 90 days, six months and one year, focusing on NPS, Renewals, and Account Expansion. The Account Director will oversee the successful engagements with our partners ensuring we are providing the right level of training, support, and access to industry best practices to be productive long-term partners.
- Own renewals, expansions and overall growth within a healthy book of business
- Developing and managing relationships within your customer segment
- Day-to-day primary relationship for customer contacts
- Going “high & wide” within our accounts, maintaining and building champions
- Coordinate with all internal teams, such as Marketing, Product, Professional Services, Tech Support
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement in salesforce.com, while creating satisfied and reference-able customers
- Responsible for cNPS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of field sales or account management experience at an Enterprise software/SaaS organization
- Demonstrated experience managing opportunities and expansions within large strategic accounts; lengthy sales cycles
- Demonstrated experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Proven analytical ability: knowledge of how to use and interpret CRM data to drive better performance
- Experience in startup, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
- Training in “solution” or “customer-centric” selling
- Understanding of Enterprise Feedback Management (EFM)
- History of continuously innovating on and improving sales processes and techniques
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.