Account Executive - Public Sector
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About our Sales Team
Medallia Sales brings our unique approach to Operational Customer Experience Management to enterprise customers across Financial Services, B2B, Telecom, Retail, Hospitality, and Automotive industries. Our team is responsible for winning the trust and building long-term relationships with our impressive customer base: 4 of America’s 5 largest banks, 6 of the 10 largest global Telcos, 5 out of the 10 biggest Fortune 500 retailers, 7 of the 10 largest global hotel chains, and 3 of the world’s top luxury car brands.
As a team of consultative Sales professionals, our mission is to create a legendary team and establish a reputation across enterprise software for sales excellence, career growth, and fun.
Medallia has disrupted every market vertical it has entered over the previous 15 years. While our Public Sector team is new and the existing government customer base is small but mighty, the government market is ripe for disruption. As a self-starter, you have the opportunity to join a high-functioning, high-impact team.
About the Role
As a Sales Director on the Public Sector team, you will initially target new business opportunities within the U.S. Federal government. As you grow your business, you will be responsible for strategic advisory and relationship management. This includes:
• Research target Department/Agencies and develop prospecting campaigns
• Dive deep in understanding their mission and the potential for alignment with the Medallia value proposition
• Engage existing Medallia partner ecosystem and cultivate relationships with Medallia Partners for joint go-to-market approaches relating to departments and specific opportunities
• Go high-and-wide within organizations to understand the full scope of opportunity
• Lead entire sales cycle from initial opportunity creation to finalizing opportunity outcomes, including outreach campaigns, driving the discovery process at meetings with both prospects and clients, forecasting, selling with Value Framework, and ultimately closing the deal
• Meeting execution
• Develop relationships both internally and externally
• Participate in internal team meetings to collaborate with supporting ecosystem on opportunities, resolve customer issues, share best practices, and work with cross functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of customer-facing experience at an Enterprise software/SaaS organization
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading opportunities within large strategic accounts; lengthy sales cycles
- Demonstrated experience identifying and maximizing relationships with key decision makers, directly and through partners
- Demonstrated experience selling / presenting at the C-Suite or Executive level
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Prior experience selling in Public Sector
- Proven analytical ability: knowledge of how to use and interpret CRM data to drive better performance
- Experience in startup, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
- Training in “solution” or “customer-centric” selling
- Understanding of Enterprise Feedback Management (EFM)
This role is remote but candidates must be based in the DC/MD/Northern VA area.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.