Business Operations Manager, Professional Services Operations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
You will be a core member of the Medallia Professional Services Global Operations (PS Ops) team with a focus on building operational and delivery excellence, within EMEA PS.
50% Data Management:
Go to person for Business Operations Director on all data points relating to the Professional Services Team.
Ensuring Tableau, Open Air and other data sources are correct; identifying and correcting errors ahead of review by the leadership team
Ensuring weekly completion of timesheets and forecasting process
Identifying and highlighting patterns in data, indicating focus areas for PS teams.
30% System Management:
Be an expert on the use of Open Air system and maintain ownership of all weekly, monthly and quarterly report production. Ad hoc help in terms of setting up, preparing and structuring meetings as required
Driving resource requests to timely conclusion with the Regional & Sector leads
20% Reporting and other:
Creating documentation and slideware to support EMEA PS Leaders as and when required e.g. for all weekly and monthly leadership and All Hands meetings, M@M VoM readout, org charts, communities, customer health and other ad hoc requests
Being a Subject Matter Expert in the operational systems used to support EMEA PS
○ Able to answer 80% of questions in real time and without escalation
○ For complex 20% of queries, ability to quickly understand the question, request info from US team members and feedback the correct answer by the following day, with limited misunderstandings
Structuring and completing analysis on Ops-related process as required, even if a new process
You will be responsible for working with EMEA PS and Global Ops team to ensure the EMEA PS business is managed as an operationally and financially sound business unit. You will also be the key escalation point, in EMEA, for our Professional Services Tool (OpenAir).
You will work with PS Delivery and Business Operations teams to drive operational excellence in the EMEA PS Group (e.g. consistent reporting of operational metrics and enablement), and undertake ad hoc analysis as required including the manual creation of documents.
- Customer centric: Put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Detailed Oriented
- Problem solver: Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen desire to continually learn and grow
- Collaborative: Enjoy working with multiple stakeholders at different levels and engaging groups in new concepts. Motivates the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment to the program objectives
- Organized: Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Completer Finisher
- Open Air expert
- Tableau reporting expert
- Salesforce Admin Certified
- Advanced user of excel and powerpoint
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient in MS Office tools (primarily Powerpoint & Excel) & Google Suite or equivalent
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes
- Experience within Professional Services for SaaS companies
- MA/MS/MBA degree a plus
- 3+ years experience in an operations, professional services or project management role
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.