Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As an Architect, you will work across all R&D teams to drive new technology standards and outcomes that help Medallia scale to meet the demands of its growing business. In this role you will define how Medallia’s infrastructure supports application availability and disaster recovery and develop technologies to ensure business level objectives are met. In addition, you will push forward the state of the art for Medallia’s Infrastructure as a Service by providing technical leadership on Compute, Networking and Storage. You will be working hands-on side by side with other engineers to implement designs and solutions at a project level while also setting and driving standards for resiliency across all Medallia components.
*Define technical directions for next-generation Network, Compute, Storage, Database, Virtualization and Orchestration.
*Define and implement availability strategies for globally-distributed infrastructure and applications to meet Medallia’s recovery point and recovery time objectives.
*Contribute to the definition and architecture of core services of Medallia’s distributed and scalable next generation stack.
*Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and the rest of Medallia to effectively align against growth goals, technology roadmap, and customer commitments.
*Act as a technical leader across all of engineering and operations.
- BS in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of industry leadership experience in infrastructure engineering for medium/large SaaS/Cloud environments.
- Prior experience with engineering large scale highly-available cloud applications.
- Deep knowledge of cloud technologies such as Kubernetes either on public or private cloud.
- Solid understanding of networking, storage and compute technologies and state of the art of cloud computing.
- MS in Engineering, or other equivalent advanced STEM degree.
- Strong understanding and experience with Firewalls, Routers, Servers, Containers, Orchestration, Databases, Backup/Restores and disaster recovery.
- Experience with designing highly-available services and data centers leveraging redundant networking, capacity planning, industry standard RTO/RPO for Disaster Recovery management.
- Ability to interact with a range of technical levels from executives to individual contributors.
- Ability to work with and mentor junior engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.