Collections Manager (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Quote-to-Cash Team as we are looking for a Collections Manager to lead our global collections function. This key collections leader will have a unique opportunity to build and impact Medallia’s growth trajectory. As a key member of the Accounting team, this role will focus on evolving the Collections function by designing, automating and implementing innovative workflow processes, tools and dashboards that will scale with Medallia’s global growth. This position requires strong people management skills and business acumen in addition to financial reporting and presentation skills.
Please note that this position can be Remote in the United States, reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Order Management, Credit and AR.
- Oversee staff members and ensuring all past due balances are actively pursued.
- Set collections target and establishing measurement metrics for staff members; mentor and provide productive feedback to staff members.
- Drive innovation to continually assess workflow processes and implement improvements that deliver a high impact.
- Implement collection policies and procedures to avoid excessive outstanding credit and ensuring that the company policy on recoveries is followed.
- Review credit limits on existing and new customers based on documented policy. Assess the risk of offering credit and escalate for approval if outside of granted authorization limit.
- Analyze collections trends at the consolidated and business unit levels and coordinate with internal business unit stakeholders on escalated accounts.
- Develop dashboards and other reporting tools to support real-time insights into collections trends.
- Report and present collections activity to management on a weekly basis and prepare quarterly reporting packages for management.
- Review month-end reconciliations of accounts receivable accounts and assess allowance for double doubtful accounts.
- Manage audit request and other ad hoc projects.
- 2+ years of experience managing a Collections team
- At least 2 years of Collections experience as an individual contributor, with at least 1 year of Collections experience in a publicly-traded company
- 2+ years of MS Excel experience including the use of pivot table, vlookup and/or sumif functions
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Experience with accounting software such as NetSuite and General Ledger
- Prior experience in overseeing a consolidated credit and collections functions where there are subsidiaries
- Strong knowledge of and understanding of accounting principles, collections related policies, SOX controls, and industry best practices and procedures
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentations skills (i.e presenting status updates and reporting to senior management)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.