Commercial Sales Director, Sense360 (Remote, US)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia Sales is a fast-growing, global organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We are a late stage start-up with a culture focused on continuous learning, true entrepreneurial spirit, and open feedback.
As part of the Sense360 by Medallia team, you will partner with Medallia Sales Directors to sell Sense360 into a defined Commercial account list.
As a Sense360 product expert and sales director, you will be a trusted consultant to both internal Medallia stakeholders as well as external prospects, and will play an integral role in driving revenue multi-million dollar revenue.
- Generate net new business and expansion of presence in Commercial accounts
- Collaborate with Medallia Sales Directors on account strategy, deal qualification, solution design and quarterly forecasting
- Balance between pipeline generation, outbound prospecting, and running sales cycles
- Collaborate with customers & prospects to clearly define current challenges and pain related to achieving overall business objectives
- Perform sales presentations/demonstrations to match Sense360's solutions and value proposition with identified business needs
- Collaborating closely across the Sense360 ecosystem (Sales Analyst, Marketing, Professional Services and Legal teams)
- Prepare and deliver web based demonstrations of the Sense360 Intelligence Platform to executive audiences and economic buyers
- Answer functional questions related to the Sense360 platform in Requests for Proposals (RFPs), supplementing the overall program designed by Solutions Consulting Managers
- Have the chance to own your career path as we build and grow a new team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years professional experience or internships preferred in prospecting, business development, direct sales, IT consulting
- Software as a Service technology background and/or knowledge of cloud based business applications
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Innate curiosity to fully learn and explain the products and services offered by Sense360
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple activities and deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Prior Experience in a BDR or SDR role, prospecting into SMB or Commercial accounts preferred
- Degree in Information Systems, Business, Economics, Marketing Research, Finance
- Excited about data products and data analysis
- Interest in working at a fast-paced, high-growth, company where you are energized by finding and solving problems even if they take you outside of your job description
- Ability to engage with customers and prospects at every level of the organization - from the frontline to the C-Suite
- Demonstrated experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level
- Working knowledge of Salesforce/CRM, Excel and other productivity tools
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.