Community Advocate, Technical Support Operations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Medallia Technical Support Team is an organization devoted to creating world class support experiences while also driving transformative employee experiences. We believe our greatest asset is our people and that feeling comfortable and excited in bringing your whole self to work is paramount.
The Technical Support Team is seeking to hire a Community Advocate dedicated to helping us grow the size and impact of our online communities. Your job will be to help CX professionals connect, share, and learn within our communities – from asking questions, to generating product ideas, posting blogs, facilitating mentoring, and much more. You will work closely with our Community Program Manager to develop engaging content and programming initiatives, including blog pieces, webinars, customer advocacy programs, and much more. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys relationship building – someone who can connect with customers and our internal teams to drive key customer advocacy goals, as well as helping support our overall brand building strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience working on community programs and technologies, such as Salesforce Communities, unified search optimization, and Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) methodologies.
- Monitor and moderate our online community forums, responding to questions and comments to facilitate engagement
- Work closely with our Community Program Manager to develop engaging content programming strategies, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos
- Network with community members and identify MVPs as part of developing a customer community MVP group and work with them to help drive consistent engagement in the community
- Work behind the scenes to ensure engagement by seeding conversations, recruiting participants, reminding contributors to participate, drawing members into conversations, etc.
- Help grow the size and impact of our online community
- Ensure cross promotion of the community across our website and digital channels
- Provide insights to help internal teams understand customer needs, identifying and reporting on community trends to advise on potential opportunities or challenges
- Work closely with our to Community Program Manager to develop and maintain community resources, guidelines and knowledge base
- Train and empower customers and internal teams to participate on a more significant engagement level
- Liaise with other departments to stay updated on new marketing initiatives, product and service developments, and to ensure brand consistency
- Promote and evangelize community activities internally
- A portion of this position’s responsibilities will also include marketing coordinator activities in helping drive logistics for and attending various virtual and in-person events
- A strong interest in relationship building and XaaS technology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Lightning-fast learner and thorough problem-solver, especially with technical challenges
- Experience working in teams to collaboratively solve technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Experience using data and metrics to measure report on, and drive, program and project success
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship building and customer focus skills
- 2+ years experience developing and growing large-scale online communities (forums, discussion groups, social networks)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience developing content and programs that generate measurable ROI
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Salesforce Service Console and Salesforce Communities
- Familiar with marketing tools such as Intercom.io
- Experience using data and metrics to measure and report on campaign and project success
- Strong ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Experience in an agile project management environment specifically using Jira
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to improve alignment
- A documented history of successfully guiding projects and initiatives to completion
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.