Competitive Intelligence Senior Manager (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About Medallia’s Market Intelligence Team: The Market Intelligence team develops critical market insights that help shape Medallia’s organizational strategy and drives our point of view in the market. We take a data-driven approach to uncover new growth opportunities, influence prospective sales deals around the world, and produce industry-leading research for the experience management category Medallia created.
The Competitive Intelligence Senior Manager will play a critical role on the Market Intelligence team - gathering, analyzing, and shaping our competitive understanding to improve Medallia’s decision making and preserve our market leadership position. The role carries significant responsibility to help shape our sales GTM, inform our messaging, and influence our product roadmap. The ideal candidate can assess a wide array of quantitative and qualitative data points, identify what’s important, and communicate actionable insights to a variety of audiences with effective and scalable content (newsletters, battle cards, webinars, white papers, etc).
- Research, track, and analyze key competitors in the customer experience space as well as emerging competitive threats and trends from adjacent areas.
- Develop competitive and market assessments to understand market dynamics and trends, and disseminate key findings to executive leaders and other stakeholders across the company
- Build competitive sales assets (e.g. battle cards, competitive playbooks, product comparisons) and enable sales ecosystem to get the most out of them
- Manage day-to-day win/loss program and perform rigorous data analysis across our win/loss data
- Collaborate with senior product, marketing and sales leadership in defining competitive positioning
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence or similar role, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment. - 2+ years of experience analyzing data in a business, academic, or related context (e.g., management consulting, high-tech, market research) and presenting findings through data driven storytelling.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or technology field.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- MBA or relevant advanced degree
- Knowledge of customer and employee experience, or related technology or SaaS experience
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) or scripting languages (e.g., R, Python)
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.