Compliance and Operations Specialist
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s legal team works to be a competitive advantage for the company, delivering smart, creative counsel that clears obstacles and powers growth.
As the Compliance and Operations Specialist, you will support this mission by managing a variety of compliance initiatives in a manner that is in tune with Medallia’s culture and scale. You will complement a strong understanding of compliance requirements with a deep and nuanced understanding of our business. You will be asked to contribute on a broad range of projects and issues, and will stand ready to quickly master new areas of expertise as needed by the business. And while you will be integral to Medallia’s success, you won’t stand alone. Instead, you will bring a collaborative mindset and a commitment to work with colleagues across the company.
We are determined to build the best legal team in the industry, and we are going to get there by hiring individuals who are passionate about their work, and giving them the opportunity to take on big challenges. Together, we are going to learn and improve, and push for great results.
- Support the transactions team on RFPs, customer audits and KYC processes
- Assist in drafting, reviewing and negotiating NDA’s and other templated contracts
- Improve legal operations and unlock efficiencies for teammates
- Manage contract lifecycle, including signature, filing and data analysis
- Design, implement and manage Medallia's online compliance training program and processes related to our Code of Conduct, Anti-Bribery, and other policies, for 1300+ employees worldwide
- Support various compliance initiatives for our Public Sector practice
- Support for financing and mergers and acquisitions activity
- Manage co-sec and other corporate governance activities for all international subsidiaries
- Create scalable processes, FAQs and self-service tools
- Assist with ad hoc and special projects, as requested;
- Possibility to assist with SEC filings and 10b5-1 plans
- 4+ years of compliance-related experience in a law firm, government agency, and/or in-house legal department
- Bachelor's Degree
- In-house commercial or corporate paralegal experience
- Experience managing international subsidiaries
- Experience in securities laws compliance, disclosure and filings
- Experience with G-Suite
- Fluency in Spanish or French a plus
- Strong client service orientation and collaborative approach
- Highly detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks efficiently with minimal oversight
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.