Contingent Workforce and Compliance Program Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Medallia People Operations team is embarking on a program of process improvement, identifying opportunities for streamlining the way we work, and putting in place the right technical solutions to enable efficient workflows. We are looking for a Contingent Workforce and Compliance Program Manager to centralize the operational management of our various global contingent worker programs. As the contingent workforce program manager, you will have the opportunity to identify opportunities and propose solutions that will help us scale and improve. You will be the primary consultant supporting worker type decisions with the business, drive overall program compliance, and ensure a high degree of internal customer service and audit rigor are maintained at all times.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience leading a Global Contingent Workforce Program, and will thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. This individual will be highly motivated to Identify and resolve underlying issues, not just symptoms of a problem. The Contingent Workforce and Compliance Program Manager will have the exciting opportunity to consult with business partners to map out workflows and dependencies and implement process improvements to drive cross-functional operational alignment.
Reporting to the Manager of People Operations, this position will be based in San Francisco, San Mateo or Pleasanton, depending on your preference.
- Centralize the onboarding, offboarding and administration processes for non-employees at Medallia (Agency Temporary Workers, Independent Contractors, Consultants, Vendors, Outsourced Service Providers and Partners)
- Develop and refine global manager resources and training for all processes related to non-employee worker types
- Assess all current non-employees to ensure workers are correctly classified and meet program standards
- Build workflows to efficiently collect and evaluate business requirements to determine the most appropriate non-employee type to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Partner with our People Analytics, Operations and Systems teams to develop and monitor standard metrics in order to ensure compliance and proactively identify and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Manage relationship with our preferred staffing vendor, and maintain a standardized library of approved specialty staffing vendors
- Act as the ongoing point of contact and resource for questions and escalations from hiring managers and business stakeholders, and support the resolution of issues quickly as they arise
- Manage execution of Medallia’s Inclusion Partner Programs (including Breakline, Path Forward, and Year Up)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with contingent worker administration in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated global program/project management experience
- Experience driving global initiatives and working successfully with remote teams
- Experience establishing and tracking program metrics and service level agreements
- Proven success participating in cross functional re-engineering or process improvement efforts
- Experience with Lever (ATS), Workday (HRIS) and/or Netsuite
- Experience managing change in a complex work environment
- Detail-oriented with exceptional follow-through a strong aptitude for HR technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently and escalate when appropriate
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.