Corporate IT System Engineer (Scripting)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
IT in Medallia is creating a world class delivery and capabilities organization that will simplify the landscape for support efficiency while, and Designing, Planning and delivering quality new solutions that are, cost effectively.
As a System Engineer at Medallia, you will report into the Director – Global Infrastructure and lead individually or manage internal or external vendor teams that will create seamless infrastructure experiences across our IT cloud presence, Data Centers, Systems, and Networks to provide our end user community a secure, highly performant, and consistent user experience across the globe.
More Specifically, you will:
- Be a key contributor in developing the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the IT team while being a thought leader in architecting, designing, building, and maintaining Microsoft Technologies, Active directory, SSO platforms (Okta), VMware, Storage and compute platforms and working closely with the Network and IT security services for the company.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering, information security and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments. Translate business requirements, design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time for various business driven initiatives. You will be responsible for helping the team sequence, prioritize, and contribute to plan the portfolio of IT initiatives.
- Measure project progress using KPI’s and metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis.
- Be hands-on in building a high performing world class IT practice and providing opportunities for team members to grow and prosper in providing great services and support services.
- You have the ability to present work with confidence and persuasion, handle questions effectively from both technical and business stakeholdersYou bring a quality first mindset, and you are an innovative thinker, eager to learn, grow, and develop.
- Curiosity is your middle name and you always dig deep to understand the ‘why’.
- You are a true team player who can easily transition between being a strategic advisor and being hands-on with delivering solutions.
- You receive new projects with open arms and can deal with repurposing time and resources to meet constantly changing priorities based on new business needs.
- 6 to 8+ years of experience in a hands-on technical role working on architecture & deployment roles in corporate backend systems: Linux, SSO (SAML), PKI, Compute, Storage , virtualization, Virtual desktops, MDM, etc.
- 4+ years’ experience building and maintaining external services which will include cloud and SaaS services.
- Ability to implement REST API’s, experience in database management
- Deep understanding of Layer 2 technologies (Spanning Tree, VTP, 802.1Q, Dynamic/Private Vlans) and Layer 4-7 (HTTP, DNS, TCP, ARP, SSL, TLS) troubleshooting
- Experience in an end-to-end support related role for an entire enterprise ecosystem.
- 4+ years of Linux Systems Administration (i.e. CentOS / RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or Ubuntu).
- Experience managing within an ITIL based service delivery model.
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment.
- Solid background in Layer 3 routing (BGP, OSPF, VRRP), Proficiency in understanding and incorporating Network technologies like SDWAN, Routing, Switching, Wireless optimization and security technologies like firewalls, CASB etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Experience with security products from Cisco, Juniper or Palo Alto Networks and establishing security policies and adherence techniques
- BYOD and techniques to drive mobile device management and PKI infrastructure
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.