Corporate IT System Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Do you have a passion for helping others solve complex problems and driving business improvements across an intricate organization? Are you results-driven and action-oriented? Do you enjoy working with technology and love being part of a highly engaged team? Do you have enough Support experience and feel you are ready to step up to an Operations/Project driven Team? Then join our team as an IT Jr. System Engineer
Our IT team ensures that the employee experience with our internal systems is flawless, and in times when it is not - finding ways to do just that. We are committed to our goal of creating an exceptional employee experience, are focused on creating exciting growth opportunities, and have maintained one of the highest employee satisfaction scores in the industry.
This position will be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- As an IT Sr. System Engineer, you will play a key role in enabling the success of Medallia employees. This includes ensuring the constant availability of IT services, problem-solving complex technical challenges, completing root cause analysis, and leading continuous improvement initiatives across the operations team.
- This is also a unique opportunity to partner with our Architecture/infrastructure Team, all working towards one common goal; the success of our employees.
- You will be the escalation point for our Helpdesk and Support team while helping our team to build KB articles for them and think process improvements
- Be the intermediary between the Architecture Team and the Helpdesk Support Team.
- Be the SME of Medallia SaaS and on-prem systems.
- Work on projects implementation and handling documentation to the support team once the project is on production.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams (e.g. Infrastructure, Applications, BI, PMO).
- Provide timely expert advice and speedy resolutions to resolve escalated issues from our offshore helpdesk.
- Own the triage, investigation, and resolution of complex issues end-to-end while escalating cases to the next tier, as needed.
- Keep an eye on the Support/Helpdesk cases and identify repetitive tasks worth creating a project to solve.
- Received documentation and project directives from the Architecture/Design team in order to own the project implementation and testing phase end-to-end.
- Create, curate and refine knowledge base articles for Tier 1 & 2 Teams.
- Provide feedback to your peers, helping them to grow and develop while also contributing your creative ideas to the IT leadership team
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 to 6+ years of experience working in a technical or support focused environment and ability to document issues & their resolutions.
- 3+ years of supporting Google Chrome, O365, Slack, and Zoom desktop applications.
- 3+ years of experience administrating Active Directory; including user management, group policies, domain joining, roaming profiles, print servers, and Remote Desktop Services.
- 3+ years configuring Medallia engineering tools for Medallia production configuration; GitHub Enterprise, Jira Server Software, and Jenkins
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Team player who can lead and make decisions in difficult and adapting situations.
- TCP/IP Knowledge, OSI Model understanding.
- UPS & PDU management and administration.
- 2+ year(s) of experience on project implementation teams.
- Experience administrating SaaS platforms including; Google Suite, MobileIron, O365, Okta, Slack, Zoom and monitoring & alerting platforms
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.