Customer Success Manager (West)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Are you known as an inspirational person? Are you driven to make your customers wildly successful? Is working with industry leaders something that excites you? If you answer Yes to all those questions than this is a role for you. As a Customer Success Manager you will manage the client relationship throughout the customer life cycle. You will oversee a defined list of accounts and be responsible for the holistic health of the customer by facilitating strategic direction setting, partnering with sales, professional services, product and marketing. The main goals of the role are to measure and realize value, drive product adoption and expansion of Medallia’s product suite.
Internally across Medallia, you will proactively build relationships and bring the best of what Medallia has to offer to our clients (e.g., new product, process innovation, research and insights). In addition, you will reactively resolve any and all client conflicts by escalating and driving a sense of urgency where and when necessary.
Customer Success: measured by adoption and value realization of Medallia’s product suite and services, published case studies, participation in webinars and conferences, and overall client NPS
Medallia Success: measured by financial performance of your accounts, renewal and expansion
Assimilate with account teams both internally and externally to:
• Contact and start developing relationships with your customers
• Track and assess account health
• Formulate an action plan to manage goals, challenges, risks and growth opportunities
• Build trusted advisor relationships with key decision makers at your customers
• Execute on your action plan per customer
• Collaborate cross functionality with internal Medallia teams (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Product, Services, etc.) to drive a long-term healthy customer program
• Ensure timely and accurate customer health updates (StrikeDeck, SalesForce.com)
• Own forecasting and prioritization for customer success amongst your assigned accounts
• Represent the voice of the customer and employee in leadership meetings
• Create reference-able customers (case studies, reference calls, speaking engagements)
- Excellent account leadership, management and coordination skills with a bias for action
- Passionate about your customers’ success
- Accomplished presentation skills
- Effective communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve problems
- Ability to manage ambiguity and synthesize complex information into meaningful messages and recommendations
- Able to make decisions within appropriate time frames with sound justification and can learn from mistakes
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively across the organization to achieve results important to your customers (Presales, Sales, Product, Professional Services, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years of customer-facing experience in a CSM function, account management, consulting, or client service role
- Experience working with SaaS solutions and managing recurring revenue
- Proficient in building and delivering compelling proposals and presentations via the GSuite set of products
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, to be determined by client needs and individual’s geographic location and abilities
- Mix of business and technical acumen with ability to engage and add value in discussions involving both technology and business strategy
- Experience facilitating meetings, delivering executive presentations and resolving conflict with resources at all levels
- Ability to handle challenging customers or situations and drive to mutually agreeable outcomes
- Ability to execute commercial transactions (pitching, negotiating, closing)
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.