Data Analyst Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Data Analyst at Medallia requires a desire to dig deep into of a wide range of data requirements. Business is booming, and the amount of data that supports the Medallia platform needs to continuously scale to meet the demands of our explosive growth.
Data Analyst at Medallia brings together the data and applications that power a highly reliable, agile, and efficient global SaaS platform. We are building a next generation global data center operating system that spans on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, leveraging some of the most exciting new open source technologies. We work closely with product and platform engineering to make the world's best customer experiences even better. Data Reliability Engineer owns the reliability of data at Medallia, and ensure that they continue to scale with our rapidly-growing business.
As a Data Analyst, you may:
- Find data patterns and matching.
- Data Quality Maintenance.
- Help Engineering Team to create requirements for Data Toolings in order to reduce manual tasks and increase automation.
- Help Engineering Team with UAT of Data Collection.
- Debug and solve complex data issues.
- Support Customer Service Team to onboard new Customers.
- Create data related tasks requirements.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of data sources.
- Monitor performance of data collection.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with SQL.
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with non relational databases, particularly Cassandra is a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Work under tasks related to SLAs in a Kanban Board.
- The Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.