Data Center Engineer
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Medallia is looking for an experienced Data Center Engineer to be part of our Data Center Services team, and help with the management and maintenance of our data centers. This is an excellent opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly pushing hardware and software to the limits and finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation, then come join our team.
- Troubleshooting: identify hardware failures across a diverse fleet of compute servers and networking equipment
- Automation: use Linux, shell and scripting skills to contribute to our in-house deployment mechanisms
- Cross-functional collaboration: concisely communicate between Network, Storage and Cloud Infrastructure teams as well as remote hands and vendors
- Inventory: manage and maintain staple parts in order to quickly repair and re-provision server infrastructure
- Documentation: contribute to process documentation that help enable a small team to run global infrastructure
- Manage remote Co-Locations: work with remote hands across the world to do everything from basic troubleshooting to large scale remote deployments
- Capacity expansion: tracking, planning and provisioning based on quarterly projections
- On-call: Participate in a monthly rotation to manage escalations
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a technical field
- 3+ years as a data center tech, with demonstrated increasing job responsibilities
- Proficiency with Linux, Vmware, Cisco – Able to perform L1 tasks in Linux, Vmware and Cisco environments
- Experience with planning and executing rack moves
- Strong understanding of server hardware
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
- Good understanding of project management fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, German and English
- Knowledge of Medallia products and/or Medallia Infrastructure setup is nice to have
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.