Data Center Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for an experienced Data Center Engineer to be part of our Data Center Services team, and help with the management and maintenance of our data centers. This is an excellent opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly pushing hardware and software to the limits and finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation, then come join our team.
- Troubleshooting: identify hardware failures across a diverse fleet of compute servers and networking equipment
- Automation: use Linux, shell and scripting skills to contribute to our in-house deployment mechanisms
- Cross-functional collaboration: concisely communicate between Network, Storage and Cloud Infrastructure teams as well as remote hands and vendors
- Inventory: manage and maintain staple parts in order to quickly repair and re-provision server infrastructure
- Documentation: contribute to process documentation that help enable a small team to run global infrastructure
- Manage remote Co-Locations: work with remote hands across the world to do everything from basic troubleshooting to large scale remote deployments
- Capacity expansion: tracking, planning and provisioning based on quarterly projections
- On-call: Participate in a monthly rotation to manage escalations
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a technical field
- 3+ years as a data center tech, with demonstrated increasing job responsibilities
- Proficiency with Linux, Vmware, Cisco – Able to perform L1 tasks in Linux, Vmware and Cisco environments
- Experience with planning and executing rack moves
- Strong understanding of server hardware
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
- Good understanding of project management fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, German and English
- Knowledge of Medallia products and/or Medallia Infrastructure setup is nice to have
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.