Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a skilled Database Engineer to manage high-performance database and Big Data systems that support our innovative customer experience SaaS platform. This role will be responsible for the tuning, scalability, availability and reliability of our rapidly growing structured and unstructured data environments. This is an opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation of complex and real-time Big Data environments, come join our team.
- Design and lead implementations of database solutions for Medallia’s microservices infrastructure.
- Install, monitor and performance tune large database systems.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery solutions.
- Design and roll out replication solutions for high availability and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Recommend and evaluate new tools and methodologies.
- Provide full-life cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Work with development and operations teams to tune production queries for optimal performance.
- Investigate production issues and provide root cause analysis.
- Review and advise on new database schema changes.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other technical domain.
- 5+ years of PostgreSQL or similar (Oracle/MySQL/Microsoft SQL Server) database administration experience in a production environment.
- 3+ years knowledge and experience with Cassandra or similar No-SQL data stores.
- Experience working in physical, virtual, and "cloud" environments.
- Experience running databases at scale within containers.
- Experience running database at scale within AWS.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, application and database performance metrics.
- Solid understanding of various infrastructure components: servers, storage, and networking.
- Solid SQL development experience.
- Some proficiency with scripting languages and tools.
- Experience configuring and maintaining database monitoring/trending tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.