Deal Desk Analyst
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for providing support to the sales organization on complex deal structures. This critical role is responsible for actively working with sales, legal, revenue, and other cross functional teams on deal structuring and commercial terms for non-standard transactions. This individual contributor role is a true value-add partner and considered the business liaison to the field sales organization for all deals. This position reports to the Senior Director, Deal Desk & Sales Order Operations.
- Be the trusted advisor to the sales team, collaborating on pricing, product, and commercial terms for non-standard transactions
- Actively participate in deal reviews with prospects, sales teams, and management
- Serve as an escalation point when needed to help move deals forwardCultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Work as the primary liaison between multiple groups, such as revenue, sales ops, legal, pricing, to help facilitate the deal processIdentify and make recommendations for process improvements; assist or drive implementation
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales team
- Manage all approvals on non-standard termsPartner with sales / legal / finance to resolve complex contract issues and develop solutions in compliance with business practices and policies
- Utilize SFDC CPQ, ensuring Quotes and Order Forms are approved within pricing and discount policiesUser acceptance testing when new products or policies are rolled out
- 1+ years of experience in a deal desk, finance, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role
- 1+ year of Software/SaaS industry experience
- 1+ year of experience working with revenue recognition principles and US GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year of CPQ tool experience
- Understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and writtenAdept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periodsResult driven and organized, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skillsEffective communicator, both written and verbal
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.