Director, Alliances Public Sector
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Alliances and Partners organization at Medallia provides global leadership developing partner relationships that further the Medallia vision. This role will be focused on working with Medallia’s Public Sector team (focus is SLED), a fast-growing, entrepreneurial team dedicated to improving the citizen experience at organizations such as the Veterans Affairs.
As Director, Alliances (Public Sector), you will be integral to the success of our Public Sector strategy through strategic partner relationships. Your success will be measured based on your ability to achieve sales targets while driving world-class customer and partner success.
- Build and manage a portfolio of strategic partner relationships for the Public Sector with a focus on State, Local, and Education business
- Develop and execute end-to-end partner business plans
- Collaborate effectively with multiple internal organizations, including Sales, R&D, Marketing, Professional Services, and the partner support ecosystem, to achieve partner objectives
- Coordinate quarterly and/or annual business reviews to ensure successful joint execution
- Establish and execute a formalized relationship mapping strategy
- Partner with Medallia and partner sales teams to ensure successful deal execution
- Develop executive relationships at key partners and sponsor executive relationships between Medallia and partner executives
- Collaborate with partners to develop joint solutions
- Coordinate with Medallia and partner marketing teams to generate thought leadership and execute events that drive awareness and leads
- Remote opportunity - This role can be based anywhere in the contiguous United States
- 5+ years in channel sales or channel management roles focused on multiple partner types—GSI’s, such as Accenture and Deloitte and government-focused resellers
- Must have demonstrated track record in growing and managing channels in State, Local and Education markets
- 3+ years of SaaS-based channel sales experience in Public Sector-SLED
- Willingness to travel 25%
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate professional experience
- MBA preferred
- Proven ability to develop a plan and achieve results in a complex cross-functional environment
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a dynamic environment; and the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and make things happen
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced and sourced revenue through global strategic partners
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed organization
- World-class written and verbal communication skills
- Executive presence to lead and manage the most strategic partners
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and organizational models
- Ability to develop and drive execution of joint solutions
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.