Director, Analyst Relations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for an experienced and passionate analyst relations expert to lead the A/R function. Reporting to the VP of Analyst Relations, he/she will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with top-tier and specialist analyst firms and developing and executing the strategy on engaging the analyst and influencer community. A key element of the role will be to effectively communicate Medallia’s unique value proposition in the Customer Experience Management space. This person will work closely with product marketing, product management, product development and sales leaders to ensure the analyst community is kept abreast on company and product strategy and roadmaps, new product enhancements, high profile customer deployments and company news.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with industry analysts, as well as internal stakeholders
- Work closely with product marketing, product management, engineering, and finance to develop a targeted analyst relations strategy that articulates and demonstrates Medallia’s value proposition
- Execute briefings and inquiries with relevant analysts and company spokespeople to ensure ongoing engagement with Medallia, its market strategies and products
- Maintain a schedule of relevant upcoming research, and engage with product marketing, product management and others to position Medallia in the most favorable light within this research. Manage the Forrester Wave (and Gartner Magic Quadrant when appropriate) evaluation processes to ensure best position
- Assist SMEs/spokespeople in preparing content tailored for specific analyst audiences
- Monitor key analyst activity on social networks, and engage or recommend appropriate SME engagement – opportunistically
- Keep current on competitive landscape and developments in our space, and share relevant analyst research with senior management
- Provide strategic counsel to senior management as to how to best engage with key influencers within the analyst community
- Manage budgets, scope of engagement and overall vendor relationships --- conducting annual contract negotiations, procuring special services, inquiries or strategy days
- Support and educate sales on analyst views and AR resources available to them
- Act as a key leader within the Medallia Marketing team, contributing to marketing programs across PR, customer and content marketing, and demand generation campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or commensurate work experience
- 8+ years in analyst relations, corporate communications, public relations, media relations or other relevant experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with SMEs to distill complex topics down to key analyst takeaways
- Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to pay attention to detail is critical
- Knowledge of customer experience and feedback management technologies a huge plus
- Location is completely flexible in the contiguous United States.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.