Director, Competitive Intelligence (Remote)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
About Medallia’s Market Intelligence Team: The Market Intelligence team develops critical market insights that help shape Medallia’s organizational strategy and drive our point of view in the market. We take a data-driven approach to uncover new growth opportunities, influence prospective sales deals around the world, and produce industry-leading research for the experience management category Medallia created.
The Role: The Director of Competitive Intelligence plays an instrumental role supporting Medallia’s global field sales by developing winning sales plays, providing actionable deal guidance, and shaping the market landscape to favor Medallia’s long term success. The ideal candidate can identify competitive growth pockets and work closely with deal teams and leaders across the organization to turn opportunities into quantifiable sales outcomes.
- Research, track, and analyze key competitors in the experience management space as well as emerging competitive threats and trends from adjacent areas
- Support deal teams with strategic guidance and practical competitive differentiation that best positions Medallia to win
- Create high quality, customer-facing content including presentations, web copy, and datasheets that can be broadly leveraged
- Build competitive sales assets (e.g. battle cards, competitive playbooks, product comparisons) and tailored resources for high value opportunities
- Partner with marketing teams to build targeted, relevant, and coordinated campaigns
- +7 years of experience in competitive intelligence, product marketing, or similar role, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging with senior executives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or related field
- Experience in solutions consulting, management consulting, or as an industry analyst
- Knowledge of customer and employee experience, or related technology or SaaS experience
- MBA a plus
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.