Director, Corporate Reporting & Technical Accounting
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
An impactful opportunity exists within Medallia’s Accounting team as we are looking for a Director, Corporate Reporting & Technical Accounting to manage Medallia’s internal and external reporting process, including the preparation of supporting schedules and related analysis to ensure the accurate reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP. The ideal candidate has extensive SEC reporting experience (S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, XBRL), excellent project management skills, is able to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment, and demonstrates a strong acumen with technical accounting research and consultations.
The role is located at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA and will report to the VP, Corporate Controller.
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies to support internal and external reporting requirements.
- Independently research and analyze accounting issues and disclosure requirements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Monitor proposed and enacted accounting pronouncements that affect the Company and make recommendations on implementing changes/compliance.
- Complete projects for management requiring financial analysis and technical accounting research.
- Assist with gathering the information and documentation necessary for quarterly reviews, annual audits, income tax filings and other regulatory filings.
- Develop documentation of internal controls over financial reporting and perform the related internal evaluation of the controls.
- Assist with the implementation of accounting and other systems for better financial and operational reporting and an improved control environment.
- 10+ years of accounting related experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA License
- Advanced proficiency and experience with US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Experience preparing and executing an IPO
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with NetSuite, Active Disclosure and/or Workiva
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Software-as-a-Service industry experience
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally and meet tight filing deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and auditory communication skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.