Director, Global Payroll (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Accounting Team as we are looking for a Director of Global Payroll to lead our Global Payroll function. This key operational finance leader will have a unique opportunity to impact Medallia’s growth trajectory as they will be responsible for managing timely and accurate processing of the Global payroll cycles. This position will also review and approve monthly international payrolls, work closely with Medallia employees, and partner with the HR department to ensure payroll is processed accurately and in compliance with statutory regulations. This payroll leader will also be responsible for implementing U.S. and international payroll systems and processes in a high growth company. This position requires strong business partnering skills, organization and a high degree of business acumen.
Please note that this position can be a remote position based in the United States, reporting directly to the Assistant Controller.
- Supervise and provide guidance and leadership to a payroll team of 4
- Manage the semi-monthly US & Canadian payroll processes including review of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, new hires, and expats
- Manage stock based compensation processing, including option exercises, ESPP & RSU’s
- Manage US payroll in Paylocity, including master file and pay data additions and changes
- Oversee international payroll in 25 countries
- Set up payroll processes in new countries as we expand operations internationally
- Generate reports as needed for finance, human resources and third party vendors
- Respond to employee inquiries concerning payroll ensuring high customer satisfaction
- Follow all company policies and procedures and SOX compliance
- Prepare amendments and follow up on tax resolution issues
- Perform monthly payroll accounting close duties
- Manage audit related activities of payroll function
- Responsible for payroll policies & procedures
- Lead significant systems and process changes in the payroll function
- Led a global payroll function with over 1000 employees in 5 or more countries
- 10 + years of overall payroll experience
- 2+ years of payroll experience in a publicly-traded company
- Led a global payroll function in 25 or more countries
- Advanced level experience with Workday, Paylocity, ADP and global payroll and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Highly analytical with working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal and State regulations
- Excellent understanding of payroll systems, data workflows and root cause analysis
- Strong Communication and Business Partnering skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPP accreditation
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.