Director, Human Resources Business Partner, LATAM
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Medallia People and Culture (P&C) team speaks directly to its name. The company’s cultivator of talent and champion of development, People and Culture defines Medallia both as a brand and employer. Inspired to find and bring out the best, we’re responsible for our people-processes: recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits, performance management and growth, and support during pivotal moments.
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s People and Culture team as we are looking for a Director, Human Resources Business Partner for our LATAM region (location open to Buenos Aires, Argentina, Mexico City, Mexico, or São Paulo, Brazil). This key business partner will support our LATAM business leaders and will ideally have experience supporting growing teams of 300+ employees. You will serve as the primary HR point of contact for senior leaders on the ground, as well as US-based managers with team members based in our LATAM offices. As our LATAM region continues to grow, this is an exciting opportunity for a senior HR Business Partner to do meaningful and impactful work.
At Medallia, the HR Business Partner team solves complex organizational challenges with a people lens; the emphasis is equal on each word in the title.
HR - You apply a people lens to complex organizational and business challenges.
Business - Your business acumen sets you apart from the crowd.
Partner - You work so closely with your key business groups that they value you as part of their own teams.
To be successful, you’ll need to challenge the status quo, push your partners to be great, and use data in addition to your laser sharp people instincts to drive decisions. As a core part of this role, you will be delivering critical people programs including compensation, performance and development. Across these programs, you will work to create structured and objective processes and an environment where all Medallians feel a sense of belonging. This opportunity is a full-time role and can be based in Mexico, Argentina or Brazil.
- Support decision making for leaders through data creation and communication of dashboards, workforce planning and restructuring, talent management & attrition support
- Coach and advise managers and leaders by partnering with them to implement best in class and value-added HR support including procedures & processes, set people strategy, align with business strategy & priorities, identify gaps in the business and to produce solutions to address the gaps
- Lead and support initiatives to help drive business strategy forward with stakeholders by leveraging regional expertise to address local needs within the business (region)
- Develop an understanding of sentiment across the team, cultural concerns, and opportunities to advance how we do business and work together
- Support / lead teams with remote workers
- Partner with COE’s (Total Rewards, TAQ, HR Ops) to ensuring alignment, planning and support of priorities. Build relationships to global COE Leaders to support the needs of the business and ensure local compliance
- Support the strategic vision for a global PnC Business Partner model and ensure there are no gaps in global support which includes the creation, delivery and support of Global training initiatives, and onboarding & enablement development support
- Manage employee relations issues and ensure concerns are properly identified, reported & resolved
- 10+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner role
- Global HR support experience including the C-Suite
- 3+ years of experience supporting scaling / growing Engineering (R&D) organizations in the Technology space of 300+ employee base
- Bilingual Spanish/English communication skills, both oral and written
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Comprehensive experience in Organizational development, M&A and Compensation
- Secondary education with an emphasis in Human Resources or Business
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for applicants with any disability.