Director, Learning and Development (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is seeking a Director, Learning and Development to lead programs for employee training and development, enhancing Medallia’s culture and contributing to the success of Medallians globally. In this role you will be responsible for creating a global L&D strategy including manager training, career planning, and enablement. As an individual contributor you will work cross functionally with teams including the HRBP organization and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging to ensure inclusive programming content and delivery methods. You will play a crucial role in upskilling Medallia’s workforce ensuring a culture of continual development. You will use your expert communication skills to evangelize programming ensuring a high level of internal awareness and adoption. You will measure the success of programs and continually evolve L&D initiatives.
- Lead Medallia’s learning and development strategy across all business units globally
- Partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders to understand the learning and development needs for specific business units and create training programs accordingly
- Using strong expertise in modern training methodology, design and deliver trainings specialized for Medallia’s business needs
- Own the internal communication strategy for all learning and development programming ensuring strong awareness and enrollment
- Assess, recommend, and partner with third party L&D vendors
- Work closely with the company’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging team to ensure inclusivity and equity in training methodology
- Track and analyze L&D program adoption and effectiveness
- 10+ years of learning and development or relevant HR experience
- 2+ years of leading learning and development initiatives
- Experience creating and delivering learning and development content
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of learning and development programs
- Strong program management skills
- Educational background in Instructional Design, Education, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Operations Management
- Experience leading L&D for a global enterprise software firm
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.