Director, Marketing Operations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
This role is a key driver of business objectives working closely with the sales and marketing leadership teams. You will pull together various platforms and stakeholders, managing our demand waterfall lead flow, reporting, analytics and scorecard. You lead planning, marketing processes, analyze key metrics and implement testing to continually improve marketing performance and ROI. This is a highly collaborative role, working with marketing, sales and sales operations.
The successful person will own the marketing tools and processes with the aim of making the team as efficient as possible. In depth knowledge of Marketing Automation/CRM and reporting platforms, specifically Marketo, Salesforce, Tableau is key, and an excellent grasp of inbound/outbound/digital/cross-channel marketing journeys is essential. The ability to prioritize issues, scope solutions and implement fixes in a timely manner is a key part of the role.
- Lead Panning for the organization consisting of goal setting, target setting, interlock with stakeholders, developing the marketing budget, and managing the rhythm of the business.
- Establish budget tracking and compliance with tools such as Tableau and Salesforce.
- Monitor and optimize marketing spend and manage major contracts with marketing vendors.
- Define processes and control compliance to make sure the teams drive effectiveness and smooth coordination inter and intra organization.
- Analyze, report, prepare dashboards and provide meaningful insights on various aspects of the marketing functions.
- Own the Data Management plan. Support Marketing Ops with regard to the health of Tableau dashboards, database health, data governance and compliance (GDPR).
- Control and manage how all new data enters the system and identify new ways to mine information and enhance the quality of our current leads and contacts.
- Create and build marketing operations reports for program performance analysis and maintain closed-loop reporting via salesforce dashboards.
- Demonstrable knowledge of working with both marketing and sales departments in a management role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex data into meaningful analysis for non-technical audiences.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in business, marketing, project management or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing and Operations related roles.
- Practical experience in reporting and analytics, preferably with Tableau and Google Analytics.
- Strong Marketo and Salesforce technical experience.
- Masters Degree.
- SaaS Enterprise B2B marketing experience.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.