Director of Accounting
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About the Role
Medallia is looking for a high impact leader with public company experience to improve and build on processes, procedures, controls and systems as we further expand our public company readiness initiatives across the organization. The Director of Accounting will report to the VP, Corporate Controller and own worldwide accounting close, corporate accounting and global payroll.
- Accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Oversee consolidation and worldwide compliance, including managing 3rd party accounting service providers
- Lead the Corporate Accounting team in monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews that provide insight into key business drivers that are impacting financial results
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly account reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Oversee global Accounts Payable and T&E teams located in Argentina
- Oversee the global payroll team
- Develop and build on internal control processes to support SOX readiness
- Assist with SEC filing documents and the earnings release process with respect to accounting
- Work cross-functionally with technical accounting, treasury, revenue accounting, and FP&A to provide mentorship related to proposed transactions and new accounting standards
- Drive improvements in execution for accounting close and reporting processes
- You are a team player and coach with a passion building high performing teams, driving process improvements, increasing the effectiveness of teams minimizing room for errors
- You are hands-on, meticulous, and organized
- A self-starter and high-achiever with a focus on quality execution
- A superior problem solver, possessing the initiative to look into the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers
- Excellent multi-tasker who has strong time and project management skills and understands the importance of planning in advance to meet deadlines that include multiple review points and iterations
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal; reliable and responsive
- 12 years of overall accounting experience with at least 2 years of accounting experience in a public company
- 3 years of public accounting experience
- 2 years of Netsuite experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Experience with reconciliations tools (Blackline, FloQast, etc.)
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.