Director of Alliances, Public Sector
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Alliances and Partners organization at Medallia provides global leadership developing partner relationships that further the Medallia vision. This role will be focused on working with Medallia’s Public Sector team, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial team dedicated to improving the citizen experience at organizations such as the Veterans Affairs.
As Director, Public Sector Alliances, you will be integral to the success of our Public Sector strategy through strategic partner relationships. Your success will be measured based on your ability to achieve sales targets while driving world-class customer and partner success.
- Build and manage a portfolio of strategic partner relationships for the Public Sector and Federal business
- Develop and execute end-to-end partner business plans
- Collaborate effectively with multiple internal organizations, including Sales, R&D, Marketing, Professional Services, and the partner support ecosystem, to achieve Public Sector and Federal partner objectives
- Coordinate quarterly and/or annual business reviews to ensure successful joint execution
- Establish and execute a formalized relationship mapping strategy
- Partner with Medallia and partner sales teams to ensure successful deal execution
- Develop executive relationships at key partners and sponsor executive relationships between Medallia and partner executives
- Collaborate with partners to develop joint solutions
- Coordinate with Medallia and partner marketing teams to generate thought leadership and execute events that drive awareness and leads
- Minimum of 10 years in channel sales or channel management roles focused on multiple partner types—GSI’s, such as Accenture and Deloitte; strategy consulting firms, such as McKinsey & Company; and government-focused resellersDemonstrated track record in growing and managing channels in Public Sector and Federal
- 3-5 years of SaaS-based channel sales experience in Public Sector
- Proven ability to develop a plan and achieve results in a complex cross-functional environment
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a dynamic environment; and the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and make things happen
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced and sourced revenue through global strategic partners
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed organization
- World-class written and verbal communication skills
- Executive presence to lead and manage the most strategic partners
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and organizational models
- Ability to develop and drive execution of joint solutions
- Willingness to travel 25-50%
- Bachelor's degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.