Director of Marketing, Stella Connect EMEA
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a proven Director of Marketing to join our team and support the Stella Connect product. Stella Connect helps customer service agents be happier and higher performing at work and therefore deliver exceptional customer experiences. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Global Sales Productivity, Commercial, you will be responsible for leading marketing for Stella Connect within the EMEA region.
You’ll be responsible for creating geographical based customer acquisition campaigns, including events, outbound campaigns and executive programs. You will partner with the Digital Marketing team and global campaigns team to localize campaigns for the local markets. You will also partner with the wider marketing team to provide pan-EMEA marketing support across the region.
- Lead marketing initiatives across EMEA for Stella Connect by Medallia.
- Set the roadmap for marketing activities which will drive new pipeline and close open pipeline. You will align closely with sales to identify areas of priority
- Work with key partners in the region to develop co-marketing strategies to penetrate new markets.
- Focus on sales pipeline growth.
- Own the regional marketing budget, goals, and outcomes, and the entire marketing mix for your region
- You will develop a regional strategy with your stakeholders and build and execute plans to achieve your goals
- Spread awareness and generate demand for Medallia’s brand
- You will develop and execute on field campaigns including events, seminars, and industry trade shows
- Coordinate with all stakeholders and wider marketing team to develop and drive customer acquisition and growth, including localization of campaigns and delivering local execution
- Track, manage and measure the impact of marketing programs
- 5+ years of experience in a field marketing role or similar relevant experience in a B2B marketing
- Experience planning and executing multiple, complex marketing programs & ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and project management skills including managing internal sales stakeholders and third party marketing agencies
- SaaS experience
- Proficiency with marketing tracking and measurement applications; preferably Salesforce.com and Hubspot.
- Complex problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities with a strong track record of setting and delivering against marketing goals
- Full Professional Proficiency in English written and verbal
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing a small team of individual contributors
- Proven track record in developing and executing marketing plans for a dynamic and fast paced software company
- Previous experience working within a highly driven technology marketing department with an understanding of B2B buying processes
- Strong sales and customer orientation
- Strong analytical skills to measure and optimize marketing investment and campaign effectiveness
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.