Director, Professional Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s Director of Services will lead an organisation in a period of growth and bring world-class services to our clients. The focus is on developing scalable, productized offerings.
You will bring a balance of strategic thinking, operational excellence and organizational effectiveness to lead change inherent to scaling a fast-growing enterprise company.
Responsible for managing the overall portfolio of solutions of high complexity and varying scale. You will focus on creating efficiencies and ensuring the highest quality services for all customers.
You are a strong leader able to build and grow the team with demonstrated expertise developing strong teams and engendering trust. Medallia is going through significant change as a company and you will need to manage through this change effectively whilst simultaneously building and growing the team
- Accountable for the financials of the PS business including revenue, margin and growth
- Work with Sales, the team and your existing customers to increase sales and revenue, especially services related opportunities
- In collaboration with other Medallia leaders, develop and deploy a portfolio of scalable services solutions to open new commercial channels without losing the ability to deliver high-end/high-touch services work.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to C-level and technical leaders at client organizations that create and promote transformational business opportunities.
- Build, grow and mentor team members in a hyper-growth organization. Provide an environment of inclusion where employees deliver significant value and can develop professionally.
- Drive accountability in all areas through sound metrics and reporting avenues.
- Foster innovation and creativity within teams to solve internal and customer problems in a scalable and sustainable manner.
- Build and grow the PS business developing strong vertical sectors. Develop relationships with clients through high quality service and delivery of implementations, as evidenced by the successful completion of projects for customers that are on time, under budget and achieve the customers goals and expectations.
- Continuously improve processes and methodologies to keep in line with cutting-edge technology at Medallia and within the industry.
- Communicate forecasts and results with high clarity and precision. Prepare, lead and present when necessary to the executive team.
- Develop and manage a strong partner ecosystem. Implement process, criteria and controls for selection, management and performance of Service Partners including the development of targeted Partner plans.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in senior services leadership roles.
- Large-scale and early stage/growth experience within UK enterprise software sectors.
- Demonstrated success managing against P&L exceeding $5M and globally dispersed teams.Significant experience delivering multiple large multi-million $ programmes following appropriate methodologies, structured approaches and ability to troubleshoot as and when required on all aspects and levels
- A track record of designing, developing and deploying a portfolio of scalable services solutions is critical.
- Proven ability to align organizations over 10 employees in regionally dispersed teams behind a customer-focused vision. Proven experience scaling a hyper-growth organization
- Proven experience leading and delivering through offshore and near shore services teams as well as a partner network
- Commercial awareness and proven sales experience
- Extensive experience leading delivery and implementations required, while maintaining and enhancing senior relationships with large enterprise customers
- Demonstrated success as an inspiring, sought-after leader, building collaborative effective working relationships with the sales organization.
- A business related undergraduate degree is required
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent
- Ability to attract high quality talent from the high-growth, SaaS landscape.
- Previous CX/CEM, SaaS experienceProven success implementing industry best practices for delivery of technology solutions and customer relationship management
- Experience or deep understanding of both direct and indirect selling
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Significant Project Management Experience including revenue forecasting
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.