Director, Revenue Operations (Remote)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
About the role: Supporting the CRO, you will be a key part of the GTM team. leaders across the Revenue team responsible for all sales channels, new market development, adjacent products and sales analytics/enablement. The role will also require close coordination with teams throughout the organization, including Marketing, Finance, Alliances and IT Systems.
Responsibilities of the role will be across three categories. The primary focus initially will be Strategic Planning. This will involve understanding each team’s goals, challenges and strategic plan, and then understanding these at the Revenue team level. After working with the team on this strategic assessment, you will begin to focus on developing Processes to facilitate cross-team collaboration and alignment with overall group objectives, as well as communication of progress against objectives to external stakeholders. Finally, you will also be responsible for driving the Execution of certain high priority, cross-functional projects that have an outsized impact on attaining the team’s long-term plan.
- Lead sales strategy and maximize revenue growth opportunities for the sales organization using data to identify process improvements in all aspects of salesOversee all Sales Operations, Planning, Analytics, and Enablement team members.
- Own weekly pipeline review meetings, opportunity forecast, and closed lost review.
- Coordinate sales spend, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives collaborating closely with other departments like the product, marketing, and finance.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Drive, in a measurable way, significant sales productivity increases for the company’s US, EMEA, and APAC Sales teamsOversee all sales technology stack and decisions on changes to process and tools. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Own Tracking of all Sales OKRs and establish metrics and objectives for Revenue operations and sales enablement and make recommendations for increasing sales productivity.
- Map the company’s sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process, and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Develop and manage the 12-18 month Sales Enablement roadmap.
- Implement the development, delivery, and training of effective sales playbooks by the Sales segment in tight collaboration with front-line Sales leaders, sales operations, education, and product marketing.
- Help create a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes, and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively.
- 8+ years of professional experience in strategy development and operational execution
- Experience developing large scale, long range strategic plans and communicating them in a way that is easy to understand
- Experience translating long-term strategic plans into prioritized near-term objectives, and then driving delivery of those objectives
- Experience collaborating at the operational level (e.g., ecomm engineering / product roadmap development, building sales rep incentive programs, etc.)
- Experience driving change management initiatives
- Experience developing budgets and financial criteria to justify investments
- Deep experience communicating with and presenting to senior executives
- Have a “team first” mentality while delivering outstanding results
- MBA degree
- Board-level presentation experience
- SaaS industry experience
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.