Director, Worldwide Sales & Professional Services Finance
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Finance Team as we are looking for a Director of Finance to lead our Worldwide Sales & Professional Services finance function. This key operational finance leader will have an unique opportunity to impact Medallia’s growth trajectory. As a key partner to the Worldwide Sales & Professional Services (PS) leadership team, this role will focus on helping these organizations make sound operational decisions by building financial tools, reporting mechanisms, business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale with the Company's growth. The position requires strong business partnering skills, financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, and a high degree of business acumen.
Please note that this position is based in San Mateo, CA, reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance.
- Collaborate with Sales Heads & Sales Operations in driving Sales Bookings, annual and quarterly planning, and weekly execution, including monthly and quarterly close.
- Partner with the head of Professional Services in services revenue forecasting & attainment, focusing on Services KPIs and tracking against them, and driving key initiatives.
- Counsel the Worldwide Sales & Professional Services organizations in managing their spending budgets and operationalizing corporate initiatives; oversee monthly Budget vs Actuals reviews.
- Support Finance team in quarterly close procedures, BOD presentations, and other high priorities.
- Be a Coach-Manager to high potential direct report(s)
- Deep Familiarity with Cloud/SaaS business (retention, cohort analysis, rep productivity, sales compensation, etc.)
- Executive presence and comfort with C-suite
- Extremely well organized, data-driven and comfortable managing multiple projects / stakeholders
- Curiosity is your middle name and you always dig deep to understand the ‘why’
- You are a true team player who can easily transition between being a strategic advisor and being hands-on with building complex models
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity
- You have been key in building fast growing organizations
- 10+ years of financial planning & analysis experience (e.g. forecasting, budgeting, reporting, modeling, go-to-market strategies and similar activities)
- 5+ years business partnering/stakeholder management experience with senior executives
- Previous experience managing direct report(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience supporting an Enterprise SaaS leadership team in a high growth environment
- Experience with SaaS business model metrics
- Exposure to key financial management processes as needed in a scaling organization
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.