Email Marketing Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As the Email Marketing Manager on our team, you'll be responsible for managing the organization's email marketing campaigns and maximizing revenue opportunities from the company's CRM and customer database. You'll be expected to manage corporate demand-gen and email nurture campaigns through the customer lifecycle. You must have experience with email marketing: communications to prospects and customers for top of the funnel content engagement, to nurture and install-base/upsell campaigns. This includes knowledge of Marketo, email best practices, message testing and optimization, calendar and distribution management. You must also have strong digital marketing experience. This includes experience in planning paid-media campaigns, setting up measurement frameworks, optimizing content and placements, and executing on-time, on-budget.
- Managing the company's email campaigns and communicating company brand through email marketing.
- Analysis of current email marketing campaigns and making recommendations for improvement.
- Build automated, multi-touch nurture programs across the customer lifecycle.
- Managing trigger email campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle to maximize sales.
- Carrying out segmentation of the database and implementing re-marketing strategies.
- A/B testing on email campaigns to establish effectiveness.
- MVT testing on email marketing campaigns.
- Tracking and reporting on email campaigns in order to guide improvements.
- Reporting to the Head of Content and Campaigns on sales revenues generated through email marketing campaigns.
- Ensuring all email campaigns comply with current email best practice in the industry.
- Working with Marketing Operations team to develop a clear CRM strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B enterprise marketing.
- 3+ years' experience with CRM/retention marketing.
- Experience with Marketo - email strategy and management.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing customer lifecycle and driving leads to MQLs.
- Proficiency with marketing tracking with Salesforce.com and Marketo.
- Previous experience working within a highly driven technology marketing department with an understanding of B2B advertising and marketing.
- Strong analytical skills to measure and optimize marketing investment and campaign effectiveness.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and excellent communication skills.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.