Embedded Expert- Employee Experience
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Embedded Expert (EE) works with client and Medallia team members to understand client business objectives and designs, prioritizes, and implements EX solutions to help clients achieve those business objectives. The EE builds trusted advisor relationships with senior level clients, designs excellent EX solutions, and leads the Medallia team that implements and evolves Medallia’s products and services. The EE is also accountable for turning a client into a raving Medallia fan and program profitability.
Internally across Medallia, the EE proactively builds relationships and determines how to bring the best of what Medallia has to offer to our clients (e.g., new product adoption, product innovation, research and insights). In addition, the EE reactively resolves any and all client conflicts by escalating and driving a sense of urgency where and when necessary.
Customer Success: measured by adoption and value realization of Medallia’s platform and services, program renewal and expansion, and overall client NPS
Medallia EX Leadership and Innovation: measured by product adoption and creation, published case studies, participation in webinars and conferences, marketing materials, joint research, and improved industry-specific go-to-market strategies
Medallia Team Member Success: measured by eNPS and team member engagement/satisfaction, growth and development
- Shape and Deliver EX Solutions:
- Utilize Medallia and industry methodologies to design and develop EX programs that achieve desired business objectives
- Apply specific experience to help clients build better employee experience behaviors, processes, and solutions
- Support client enablement activities by providing guidance in the following areas: awareness, design, engagement, governance and knowledge/training
- Lead a high-performing team of internal and external resources to deliver high quality EX solutions
- Partner with other Medallia teams (e.g., Marketing, Product, Research, Insights) to support various customer needs
- Client Management
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key decision-makers across the client organization by demonstrating a solid understanding of industry-specific trends in the EX space and how they translate into customer initiatives
- Interface with key client stakeholders (C Level and C Level -1) and effectively navigate difficult issues and project risks
- Partner with the client to build an EX roadmap and manage program priorities and resources to it
- Deliver consultative recommendations to clients by drawing from information captured via their employee feedback mechanisms, prior experience and knowledge of critical processes and industry acumen
- Team Management
- Collaborate with Professional Services leadership to ensure successful execution of all projects and improve Medallia capabilities in EX services
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Medallia Professional Services team members
- Align on and communicate priorities to team members
- Minimum 8 years experience with increasing responsibility in employee experience/engagement, culture transformation, employee feedback programs, or organizational change management
- Minimum 8 years experience in a client-facing consulting roles
- Ability to build and articulate the business case for EX transformation, particularly as it relates to customer experience
- Experience managing medium to large-scale transformation initiatives
- Experience facilitating meetings and resolving conflict with VP and above-level resources
- Willingness to travel,to be determined by client needs and individual’s geographic location and abilities.
- Ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve problems
- Ability to manage ambiguity and synthesize complex information into meaningful messages and recommendations
- Makes decisions within appropriate timeframes with sound justification and can learn from mistakes
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.