Employee Relations & Inclusion Partner
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is seeking a motivated, thoughtful, objective, and empathetic partner to support our Employee Relations and Inclusion Practices. This role will primarily support the ER practice by assisting with and conducting investigations, as well as continuing the build out of practice fundamentals, such as our reporting cadence and processes. By creating clarity and consistency at critical moments in the employee experience, this role presents an opportunity to deeply impact Medallians and build trust within our organization. This individual will also contribute to our Inclusion Practice by supporting Medallia’s employee resource groups and our participation in benchmarking studies like the Corporate Equality Index.
Please note that this position is based in San Mateo, CA, reporting to the Director of Inclusion and Employee Relations.
- Provide support for and conduct Employee Relations Investigations. Review documents, compile and analyze data, conduct investigation interviews, draft investigation reports; communicate with HRBPs, employees, managers and employment legal counsel regarding employee relations issues; assist with maintenance and update of investigations database and documentation.
- Create resources and documentation for multiple stakeholders, to create clarity in our processes and raise awareness of Employee Relations, and how it connects to Inclusion and Diversity
- Conduct ER trends analysis and establish a regular reporting cadence on investigations, as well as corresponding preventative programming based on case volume.
- Partner with HRBPs on day-to-day employee relations issues; assist with scheduling and logistics for trainings/meetings; develop and modify ER Team training materials, facilitate trainings, assist with creating and maintaining global consistency in our processes.
- Respond to employee inquiries, questions, and complaints; provide information, and guidance on PnC programs, processes, and procedures to employees.
- You care deeply about employee experience
- You have an “all hands on deck” attitude, and are willing to take on responsibilities as needs arise
- You are curious, passionate, and eager to learn
- 3+ years of professional work experience working in a team environment
- 1+ year of experience partnering with multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Previous Human Resources experience.
- Excellent communication skills, high level of emotional intelligence, and attention to detail.
- Experience dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to maintain objectivity through fact-finding process.
- Operations experience/ experience developing scalable processes.
- Applies discretion in determining methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Advocate for inclusion; interest in and/or knowledge of inclusion topics.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.