Engineering Manager - .NET
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Engineering Manager at Medallia, you will be leading our EMEA Living Lense team, whose mission is to rebuild (and scale) Medallia’s hottest acquisition to date -- a platform for gathering ideas for our customer’s challenges and turning them into actionable items. You’ll build a high performing team to help modernize this robust application and lead the charge on integrating Living Lense into Medallia. You’ll work with our product team to discover new business opportunities in the employee experience space. Be a part of the team that builds the next generation of Medallia Employee Experience 360!
- Build and inspire a EMEA Living Lense team with distributed team members and global dependencies
- Develop and mentor the growth of engineers on the team
- Lead hiring for positions and backfills on the EMEA team
- Work closely with Product and Design teams to refine requirements and plan out new user-facing features
- Develop new user-facing features and customer-driven enhancements to LivingLens' advanced video analysis platform
- Work with team to provide accurate estimates for work and manage to successful, on-time completion
- Guide team to build scalable, maintainable solutions
- Assist in monitoring of production assets and incident management
- Participate in a thriving
- Engineering community, helping shape mid/long-term technical roadmap and architecture patterns for the global Engineering organization
Our Engineering Culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies, sharing what we learn
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe
- Bachelors in CS, Engineering, or a related technical field in lieu, relevant equivalent work experience
- 3+ years leading full-stack distributed teams
- Experience working with and leading teams working on .NET/.NET Core systems
- Experience working with and leading teams working on video processing, NLP, and React
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile processes
- Experience with GitHub, Jira or equivalentAbility to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience managing contractorsExperience with: ES6/7, NodeJS, GraphQL, Docker, PHP, CSS-in-JS techniques
- Bring an ownership mindset with quality orientation and DevOps experience
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.