Engineering Manager, Platform Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager for our Platform Services team at Medallia. Our team’s mission is to develop the industry’s next-generation enterprise SaaS cloud platform for Medallia. Our platform currently runs all of Medallia’s services enabling all of our customers to scale seamlessly across a hybrid cloud.
The platform consists of: compute, storage, deployment technologies, life cycle management, and automation to synchronize large server clusters. We utilize the latest in open source technologies: docker, mesos, aurora, kafka, kubernetes, redis, zookeeper, cassandra . Our main programming languages are Java, C++, and Golang. Our motto is to enable microservices to be ” built once, and run everywhere”.
About the role:
- Lead a team that tackle the challenges of providing cloud capabilities, and distributed computing.
- Lead the team to design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality software components and services. Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Measure project progress using KPI(s) and Metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis.
- Build a high performing team. Hire the very best and provide opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
- Define code life cycle pipeline, both internal and also for customer extensions/apps on top of Medallia.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing people in a front-line role.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role (developer or architect) working on distributed systems, platform infrastructure, or cloud services. Managers that have grown into it from technical background are ideal.
- Demonstrated experience growing your team from outside your organization.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies.
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced and geographically distributed environment or at a mid-stage startup (or both!)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the development of fully automated infrastructure stack provisioning for global deployments.
- Built highly available services for edge routing, high throughput messaging, service composition, cross services security, persistence, and event processing.
- Implemented tools and frameworks to enable monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging at scale.
- Participated in the open source community and have a robust github repository
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.