Global DEIB Communications and Brand Lead (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is seeking a Global DEIB Communications and Brand Lead to help drive engagement with, awareness of and attraction to our employer brand. Audiences include future or prospective Medallians as well as current and past Medallians. This role will partner with leadership and teams across the company to help shape Medallia’s global employer brand, showcase our inclusive environment and value on diversity, grow our audience, and influence our voice on key issues.
This position is flexible with respect to location, and will report into Medallia’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging [DEIB] team. The DEIB team is situated within Medallia’s People and Culture organization.
- Manage direct engagement with people in our community and company through our social channels, blog and employee pages such as Glassdoor and Comparably to build community
- Partner with our marketing and talent acquisition teams to build awareness and excitement for DEI related events and initiatives, share inspiring employee stories, and aid in our employee brand
- Create imagery/assets for internal and external campaigns, newsletters, and communications as well as keep external profiles up to date
- Report on the impact of campaigns (e.g, traffic to our sites, growth of our followers on different channels). Summarize outcomes and impact from key initiatives and propose ideas to improve
- Identify opportunities to contribute to broader DEI conversations on social, and assist in driving campaigns that will expand our audience engagement
- Aid in writing DEI related current events communications and statements as well as broader internal company-wide communications
- 3+ years of social media and content creation experience
- Strong written and communications skills
- Experience partnering with diversity, equity, and inclusion teams
- Ability to develop post copy quickly and ability to pivot between platforms effectively
- Brand campaign experience
- Employer brand experience
- A pulse on DEI current events, topics and conversations
- Global/International diversity equity and inclusion communications experience
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Creativity, likes thinking outside the box
- Digital design experience
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.