Industry Product Marketing Manager, Retail
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The product marketing team ensures that Medallia is at the forefront of Experience Management, that our solutions are differentiated, and we have a winning go to market strategy. Reporting to the VP of Industry & Solutions Marketing, you will drive the vision, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for the Retail vertical working with Medallia’s product management, sales, marketing, and services teams.
- Deliver creative and compelling messaging that clearly articulates and reinforces Medallia’s unique brand and value proposition specifically for Retail and it’s associated buyer personas and use cases.
- Work with the broader marketing team to build and execute an industry growth plan to drive awareness and demand for Medallia in Retail.
- Partner with product management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and assets, including engaging product demonstrations for stage, in videos and customer, partner, and prospect engagements.
- Drive the creation of thought leadership content such as blog posts, webinars, and white papers that evangelize our message.
- Develop market/competitive positioning and rationale to demonstrate how Medallia works and excels for your vertical. Partner with sales to differentiate against competition and accelerate opportunities.
- Develop effective sales plays and training materials, making it easy for sales to understand our industry narrative, product offerings and key positioning.
- Create content and work with campaign and field marketing teams to drive field marketing, online events, and digital campaigns to drive pipeline and accelerate opportunities.
- Communicate customer requirements and provide input to product management on product enhancements and future product direction.
- Engage industry analysts to communicate Medallia’s strategy, roadmap, unique value proposition and customer success.
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage internal leaders and teams across functions and who can engage external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years proven product marketing experience, or related, in tech environment.
- Track record of marketing technical innovations to users and buyers.
- Experience creating product narratives and positioning products in compelling ways.
- Marketing portfolio with examples showing your writing and visual communication style.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to influence without authority, including senior management.
- Analytical and critical thinking mindset; previous experience interpreting and summarizing data with actionable insights.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to present compelling narratives in public settings and to internal audiences.
- Strong sales and customer orientation with a passion for software products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant practical experience.
- Experience in the Retail industry.
- Minimum of 2 years enterprise software industry experience (CRM, Marketing Automation, BI, etc.)
- MBA or other equivalent advanced degree.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.