Lead Data Engineer, Sense360
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Lead Data Engineer at Medallia, you will be joining our Sense360 team. We are transforming how companies make strategic decisions. We work with some of the top restaurants, retailers, and CPG companies in the world providing them access to our revolutionary data products.
You will provide support and expertise to the Data Science team for all our data engineering needs. You will be participating in the development of client facing products for Market Research applications using our core datasets such as Foot Traffic, Transaction and Survey data. You will be building data pipelines for productionizing data products as well as providing our data scientists with the necessary data for modeling endeavors. You will help establish the optimal architectural designs for building scalable and flexible software solutions.
- Lead the development and the implementation of our ETLs as well as lead the productionization of the data science team codebase by using tools such as Pyspark, Kubernetes, Airflow and RedShift.
- Help deploy and productionize Machine Learning models.
- Help us improve our current infrastructures.
- Mentor other engineers/data scientists in the art and science of Data Engineering.
- 3+ years experience architecting distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Storm, Presto, Samza, Flink, etc) processing TB's of data.
- Proficient in Python, Java or Scala.
- 2+ years experience with AWS.
- Strong knowledge of any RDBMS, Postgres preferred.
- Evangelist for CS, data and testing best practices.
- Experience building real-time data processing systems is a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.