Lead Product Designer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a talented Lead Product Designer to shape, design, and define our industry vertical customer experience solutions.
Medallia is an established and fast growing company, but in a lot of ways we still act like a start up. Our organization and processes are fluid, allowing us to act quickly on emerging business opportunities.
- Be a hands-on, confident, and creative design master with a proven track record in setting a vision for great user experiences and inspiring others to endorse and contribute to that vision.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile product teams - ability to collaborate closely with Product Managers, Industry Domain Experts, Developers, and Designers.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into simple and well-crafted designs and experiences.
- Deliver mockups, prototypes, and design proposals to meet product requirements.
- Create easy to understand specifications for use by the product team.
- Be a core contributor to design guidelines, a high-level set of interaction design concepts, patterns and approaches for Medallia’s solutions.
- Produce design resources for fellow designers to use in their day-to-day work.
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to incorporate learnings, address challenges, and perform final reviews ensure a unified delivery of applications on the Medallia platform.
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- In addition to being an empathetic, creative, and a systems thinker, here are some of the qualifications we’re searching for:
- 8+ years' experience as a practitioner of research-influenced design with demonstrated results.
- Deep knowledge of user research, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, and concept visualization.
- Proven collaborator, builder, and motivator for cross-functional teams.
- Passionate about knowing users, constantly seeking new insights you use to create breakthroughs
- Can articulate the value of a user experience to engineers, product managers, and executives with equal effectiveness. In conversations, can move swiftly from a high-level strategy discussion to one about the tactical merits of vertical rhythm, with equal passion and persuasion.
- Self-aware, constantly working to understand and overcome blind spots.
- Enjoy mentorship and actively sharing your hard-won wisdom with more junior colleagues.
- You are just as energized while developing design strategy as you are defining and polishing design details
Medallia is an established and fast growing company, but in a lot of ways we still act like a start up. Our organization and processes are fluid, allowing us to act quickly on emerging business opportunities. At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.