Learning and Development Manager, Professional Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Professional Development function was created in February 2017 to support our Professional Services team, which is the organization responsible for unlocking the value of the Medallia platform for our customers and our partners. The function aims to make Professional Services a truly transformative experience for our employees, helping them to achieve their career dream and enabling employees to deliver amazing outcomes for our customers.
As a Learning and Development Manager you will be part of a small team continuing to develop and expand the Professional Development Program. You will be primarily responsible for enabling PS employees to learn our Product and core Professional Services skills, as part of our Learning program including content creation and delivery.
- Lead and improve the Learning Program for our Product and core Professional Services skills (e.g. client management, project management), including creating or adapting content and delivering instructor-led content, or bringing in subject matter experts to deliver content.
- Ensure the success of the Learning Program based on key indicators such as employee satisfaction (both overall and their learning experience), retention, productivity and customer-related metrics.
- Lead our new hire orientation program enabling new hires to onboard quickly thus supporting the business.
- Lead the annual North America Professional Services Offsite.
- Create communications to inform and engage the Professional Services team.
- Partner with other internal enablement teams to deliver content, and Professional Services teams to support our employees and business.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a learning and development role, with a solid understanding of a Professional Services Organization
- Have setup and scaled learning programs programs, delivering content across multiple mediums and geographies
- Experienced facilitator of mixed groups meeting on diverse topics
- Experience working in a software/IT company
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Excel at influencing & managing cross-functional stakeholders and partnering with our customer (Professional Services) and other internal departments namely in People and Culture
- Have experience working with and managing external vendors & contractors to deliver professional development programs
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Are passionate about Professional Development, and have demonstrated this through your current role
- Have the strategic and operational skills to design and continually enhance our Professional Development Program to meet evolving business needs as well as implement operational and sustainable programs
- Are a skilled communicator with strong ability to build trust-based relationships with employees of all tenures
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.