Legal Counsel (Remote, US)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Team and Role
Medallia’s legal team works to be a competitive advantage for the company, delivering smart, creative legal solutions that power growth. Our efforts have made us one of the most respected and well liked teams at Medallia.
The Commercial team supports this mission by working with our colleagues across the organization to close deals at scale. In addition, we provide solid product and privacy counseling. We are negotiators, with deep knowledge of the law and business, which allows for quick, confident counsel and decision making. We are writers, with a style that expresses complex ideas in straight-forward language. We are strategic business advisors and work closely with key stakeholders across the organization. We are legal generalists and eager to help our product and engineering teams to navigate the legal environment to build successful products. We are team players, generous to our colleagues and focused on the team victory. Most of all, we are passionate about our work, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.
This Spanish-speaking Legal Counsel position is fully remote and will primarily support our Latin America Sales Team.
- Negotiate and close good deals. Each enterprise SaaS deal that we close is a step towards creating and cementing relationships across industries, and each agreement is a testament to our institutional willingness to improve upon the status quo. As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for leading smart, relationship focused negotiations with some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. And you will be empowered to find creative, efficient ways to close deals that deliver value to both Medallia and our customers.
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills. At the heart of every transaction we do is a contract that should express even the most complex ideas in clear, straight-forward prose. And each draft that we deliver is surrounded by written comments that should explain our position, persuade the reader, and drive the parties toward an efficient deal close. Develop a progressive and nuanced understanding of our industry. You will quickly work to complement a strong understanding of commercial law with a deep understanding of our business.
- Be a legal generalist. You will provide legal counsel on a broad range of legal issues, such as intellectual property and privacy law and you will help business stakeholders across the company navigate legal matters. Engage your colleagues. You will be integral to Medallia’s success, but you won’t stand alone. Instead, you will bring a collaborative mindset and a commitment to work with colleagues across the company.
- Quench your thirst for knowledge and experience. As an attorney on a team of smart, humble and driven members, there will be a wealth of learning opportunities for you, as well as opportunities to celebrate milestones in your development.
- Get ready for the ride of your life. We are determined to build the best commercial team in the industry. And we are going to get there by hiring lawyers who share our passion and giving them the opportunity to take on big challenges. Together, we are going to learn and improve and fight for great results.
- J.D. or LL.M.
- Member of a US state bar.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English, oral and written
- At least one year of relevant experience in a law firm, government agency, and/or in-house legal department.
- Fluency in Portuguese.
- Experience negotiating SaaS deals.
- Experience in the technology space.
- Highly collaborative person who supports their colleagues, who champions our mission and wants to win as a team.
- Good sense of humor and desire to get things done.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.