Manager, Competitive Strategy
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s Competitive Strategy function plays a crucial role in defining Medallia’s overall corporate strategy. This role provides strategic & tactical support to a number of teams across Medallia: Sales, Marketing, Product, Corporate Development and Professional Services. The role identifies competitive growth opportunities and works closely with leaders across the organization to turn these opportunities into reality. This is an opportunity with a tremendous amount of responsibility in the organization, including regular C-Suite exposure!
• Play an instrumental role in defining and driving Medallia’s competitive growth strategy
• Create a deep understanding of Medallia’s competitive market - both present and future - and utilize data to influence competitive strategy and positioning
• Build, maintain, and evangelize core competitive materials, including competitive comparative features database, “battlecard” documents, etc.
• Engage with Sales in active sales support, partnering with Sales Directors and Solutions Consultants
• Develop and present competitive messaging and positioning training materials to the Sales ecosystem through a close partnership with Sales Enablement
• Coordinate with Product Leadership and Product Managers to review market trends, help set strategic goals, and execute on a range of new product initiatives
• Work with Sales and Professional Services to identify and validate customer/product use cases to support strategic initiatives Help support strategic growth initiatives such as new market entry, partnerships, and M&A
• Keep executives up-to-date on constantly-evolving market and competitive dynamics
• Travel up to 25%
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a cross-functional and analytical role
- Combination of technical acumen (data analysis / modeling / understanding technical concepts) and qualitative skill-set (positioning / messaging)
- Output orientation with a strong ability to personally create high quality, customer-facing content including presentations, web copy, and datasheets that can be broadly leveraged
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage several projects at the same time
- Experience in solutions consulting, management consulting, strategic marketing, or as an industry analyst
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while also driving rapid execution and personally contributing key deliverables
- Product marketing related experience, including messaging/positioning development, sales tool development, and sales training (live, via webinar, via self-paced training courses)
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging with senior executivesUnwavering passion, commitment, and persistence to the business, customers, and technology
- Knowledge of Medallia Experience Cloud or other Experience Management platforms
- Experience in enterprise SaaS
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.