Manager, Data Center Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Data Center Services team is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to support a high-performance infrastructure environment for our customer experience SaaS platform. This is an opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly pushing hardware and software to the limits, and finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation, then come join our team.
- As a Manager on our Data Center Services team, you’ll manage a co-located team of Engineers supporting a global network of large-scale distributed infrastructure for superior uptime and reliability.
- Day to day responsibilities will consist of leading technical implementation and delivery on infrastructure projects, vendor management for our different sites, driving technical evaluation of hardware, capacity management, monitoring and day-to-day operations of the data centers.
- Your team will work closely with Engineering teams on high performance compute requirements.
- You’ll qualify new hardware to ensure compatibility with existing tools, processes, and applications.
- Your team will provide 24/7 emergency response and participate in on-call rotation.
- BS in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of 5 or more Engineers across multiple sites.
- Experience with vendor management and monitoring vendor performance.
- Knowledge of server hardware and prior experience with hardware evaluations.
- Prior experience with data center build outs, either assembling a brand new data center or completing a large retrofit of an existing one.
- Travel: up to 30-40%.
- MS in Engineering, MBA, or other equivalent advanced degree.
- Experience with capacity planning, preferably at a server and data center level.
- Familiarity with site selection due diligence and data center design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.