Manager, Education Services Sales
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As an Education Services Sales Manager in Medallia’s Enablement & Education group, you are responsible for marketing, selling and where applicable, retaining complete education services programs inclusive of cloud-based learning subscriptions, certifications, virtual and and traditional instructor lead training events to the Medallia customer base through face to face and virtual meetings. The Education Sales executive is responsible for ensuring Medallia customers and prospects are fully functional with our technology and space.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a background in technology, consulting, market research, client management, and pre-sales to take a leading role in transforming the way our clients engage their customers and in driving Medallia’s growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES: In this role, you’ll work with other Medallians and with prospective and existing customers in the following key areas:
• Identify new business opportunities by working with Sales, PS Sales and Medallia PS teams by supporting sales meetings and designing and scoping the Education services solution for clients and prospects
• Highlight the features and benefits of Medallia Education Services and make recommendations to address questions during the sales cycle
• Review, advise on and approve the scope and cost of Medallia Education Services
• Support SOW and Addendum creation by being an expert on Medallia Education Services offerings and by representing the interests of customers and the Professional Services team
• Work closely with clients during the sales cycle, implementation phase, and managed services, to ensure satisfaction with Education Services
• Continually search for ways to improve Services offerings and product marketing for Education Services
• Reach team goals for Services revenue and group profitability, ensure customer retention for Education Subscriptions by working closely with the Customer Success Management team
• Play a leading role in the development of the Education Services team and Medallia as we scale, including process, people, and technology
• Position requires some travel, minimum of 20%
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional experience
- 2+ years of quota carrying software or technology sales and account management experience
- 2+ years of experience in Enterprise software/SaaS sales
- Demonstrated track record of hitting and exceeding quota expectations
- History of selling education products is highly desired
- Training in “solution” or “customer-centric” selling or equivalent
- History of continuously innovating on and improving marketing sales processes and techniques
- Experience in start-up, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.