Manager, Field Sales Operations
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytically-minded leader to join our Sales & Services Operations team for our America’s Field Operations function. The Field Sales Operations Manager will lead forecasting, business planning, and strategic initiatives for our Americas sales team, and take a large role in driving our global operating cadence. The successful candidate will possess keen strategic thinking plus analytical abilities with strong communication and project management skills to maximize the efficiency and performance of Medallia’s Sales organization.
Our team researches prospects, executes prospecting campaigns, unlocks opportunities for Medallia to add value, and ultimately cultivates new accounts for Medallia to help achieve their customer experience goals. The Field Sales Operations Manager will partner with the Americas Field Leadership Team and supports all aspects of the core Sales Operations activities across the Americas sales team. You will play a large role working with peers and colleagues globally to define and set the operating cadence of our business.
This individual will be responsible for managing and executing the sales operating plan for the Americas, including running the operating plan, forecast, analytics, and quota and territory/account assignment process. You will partner across the Sales & Services Operations team (Account Management, Partners, Services, etc.) as well as other cross-functional groups (Finance, Marketing, Pricing, and IT), to enable a predictable operational framework in a high growth environment. You will also be responsible for managing key sales initiatives for the Americas, as defined and driven by the Americas Sales leadership team.
• Serve as a trusted advisor for the Americas sales leadership team
• Develop and manage the sales operating plan for the Americas
• Manage the sales cadence, including forecast, quota, account assignments, and resource onboarding for the Americas
• Define and run analytics required by the field leadership team to effectively run the business, including pipeline, coverage, forecasting, account & territory planning, and sales rep effectiveness
• Create and manage sales dashboard, in system (Salesforce and Clari), and other business intelligence tools
• Support the field teams in driving adoption of sales methodologies, account planning, opportunity management and qualification
• Own the Quarterly Business Review process for the Americas
• Drive implementation of key initiatives for the Americas sales leadership team across Medallia
• Partner with Sales Compensation and Planning, within the planning and compensation design process and to manage the day-to-day needs of the field
• Own and execute on worldwide programs and projects, as needed
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a sales operations role
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.com and sales forecasting productivity tools
- Advanced Excel modeling and analysis skills
- Experience with a BI tool, such as Tableau, SAS, etc. required
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skillsAttention to detail, data quality, accuracy
- Highly responsive and organized
- Positive attitude and passion for the opportunity
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, and partnership skills
- B.S./B.A. degree
- Experience in a sales operations role within a SaaS enterprise sales environment
- Experience with Tableau and Clari strongly preferred
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.