Manager, Insights & Advisory Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About the Insights Team
Medallia Insights & Advisory Services is a first-of-its-kind customer experience consulting team. Its role is to multiply the value of Medallia’s software by uncovering data-driven stories for Medallia customers, and then partner with them to take actions to improve their customer experience and achieve business results.
The Insights & Advisory Services team is high performing, with a track record of performance. Team headcount has grown 2x over the past 2 years, client work has average an NPS of 70+ and team engagement scores are some of the highest at Medallia. The team focuses its efforts on top brands on a global basis.
Today, Medallia Insights is staffed by a cross-discipline team of problem solvers ranging from Senior Managers to Analysts, who are located in Palo Alto and New York. They have a mix of PhD, MBA and BS/MS in quantitative/research disciplines. We’ve only just scratched the surface of Insights’ potential, and our team’s role is critical to the near and long term distinctiveness of Medallia!
As an Insights & Advisory Services Manager you will work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission critical task—helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers.
You’ll tackle real business problems by analyzing operational, customer and financial data, alongside some of the world’s largest customer feedback datasets. This role will position you for many career growth options at the intersection of customer experience, management consulting, and data science.
- Manage all aspects of consulting projects (from sourcing deals to needs assessment to delivery) to help Medallia’s clients take action on business opportunities identified using customer feedback data
- Advise clients on best practices for driving customer centricity from the boardroom to the front lines, resulting in improved customer experience and increases in customer loyalty
- Develop consulting offerings in areas related to customer experience management (e.g. benchmarking, analytical methodologies, market research, survey design, field experimentation, workshop facilitation)
- Act as a resource for other customer-facing teams on the application of OCEM best practices to client programs, new markets, products, and methodologies
- 5+ years of experience in strategic consulting or other analytical project leadership role
- Demonstrated expertise with regression-based data analysis and quantitative research methodologies
- Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g., Stata, SPSS, R, SAS)
- Demonstrated ability to formulate hypotheses, search for patterns, and find the story in the data
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations
- Masters degree (MBA or quantitative/research discipline)
- Previous CX experience
- Proven track record of initiating, managing, and delivering successful service engagements
- Strong team leadership and communication skills
- Quick learner/creative thinker/self starter
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.