Manager, Insights & Advisory Services
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About the Medallia Insights & Advisory Team
Medallia Insights & Advisory (MIA) is a first-of-its-kind experience management (XM) consulting team. Its role is to help our customers realize the value of their investments with Medallia by uncovering data-driven insights and stories to inform their XM and program strategy and maximize its ROI.
MIA is a global, high performing team, with a track record of performance. Team headcount has grown 2x over the past 2 years, client work has average an NPS of 70+ and team engagement scores are some of the highest at Medallia.
Today, Medallia Insights is staffed by a cross-discipline team of problem solvers, who are located in San Francisco, San Mateo, Virginia, and New York. They have a mix of MBA, PhD, and BS/MS in quantitative/research disciplines. We’ve only just scratched the surface of MIA’ potential, and our team’s role is critical to the near and long term distinctiveness of Medallia!
As an Insights & Advisory Manager you will work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission critical task—helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers.
You'll tackle real business problems by analyzing operational, customer and financial data, alongside some of the world’s largest customer feedback datasets. This role will position you for many career growth options at the intersection of customer experience, management consulting, and data science.
- Manage the delivery of data-driven consulting projects to propel Medallia clients' XM maturity and financial impact across their organization.
- Analyze operational, customer, and financial data, alongside some of the world's largest customer feedback datasets, to advise clients on best practices for driving customer-centricity from the boardroom to the front lines, resulting in improved customer experience and increases in customer loyalty.
- Develop consulting offerings in areas related to customer experience management (e.g. benchmarking, analytical methodologies, market research, survey design, field experimentation, workshop facilitation)
- Act as a resource for other customer-facing teams on the application of OCEM best practices to client programs, new markets, products, and methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative/research field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in strategic consulting, investment banking or other analytical project leadership role.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated expertise with regression-based data analysis and quantitative research methodologies
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, search for patterns, and find the story in the data.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g., Stata, SPSS, R, SAS)
- Excellent project management skills. Proven track record of initiating, managing, and delivering successful service engagements.
- Communication skills:
- Demonstrated ability to formulate hypotheses, search for patterns, and find the story in the data
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations
- Quick learner/creative thinker/self starter.
- PhD, MBA, Master in Data Science or other equivalent advanced quantitative/research degree.
- Previous XM experience.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.