Manager, Instructional Design (Professional Services)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Medallia Education Services team’s mission is to enable the acceleration of product-based proficiency through the development and delivery of comprehensive training courses, materials, and certification curricula for our delivery-focused Medallians, Partners, and Customers.
As an Instructional Designer, you will be accountable for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating our online self-paced curriculum to support our various product training levels for customers, partners, and internal employees.
- Develop and validate product training content, including all hands-on material (online content, lectures, exercises, exams, and live Medallia instances to enable the exercises and exams)
- Apply learning technologies to address specific learning needs and automate current processes
- Optimize training tools, support process, and content maintenance cycles
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on skill levels and KPIs, using structured exams, as well as reviewing key deliverables
- Develop learning and enablement strategies aligned to the business model and strategic priorities
- Plan, design, develop, organize, write, and edit online and instructor-led training content
- Interview Subject Matter Experts and clients to collect necessary information to design and develop blended education solutions
- Deliver training to Partners and Medallia Professional Service team members
- Adapt the content and materials over time to ensure their relevance and usefulness; also identify additional courses needed for successful and high-quality delivery of Medallia software by partners and Medallians
- Conceive of and drive initiatives to build a world-class training and certification organization
- Implement creative and better ways to develop and deliver content to learners leveraging mixed-mode delivery
- Minimum of four years of instructional design experience, preferably for a software company that produces complex business applications
- Experience using Captivate, Rise, Lectora, and Camtasia
- Can occasionally travel onsite to a partner in order to deliver our training
- Proven ability to develop an engaging and effective training curriculum to provide essential knowledge and enhance user adoption
- Knowledge of Instructional Design Theory and Adult Learning Principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are comfortable navigating new situations and change with poise; you enjoy converting new challenges into opportunities and are able to translate strategic vision into tangible project deliverables
- Have strong detail orientation and reliably deliver high-quality work in a timely manner with little oversight
- Are self-starters and can figure out a path forward on a complicated project despite not having a precedent
- Have an entrepreneurial streak and enjoy taking initiative and building something great
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.