Manager, Training and Learning Experience (Professional Services)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Medallia Education Services team’s mission is to enable the acceleration of product-based proficiency through the development and delivery of comprehensive training courses, materials, and certification curricula for our delivery-focused Medallians, Partners, and Customers.
As an Instructional Designer, you will be accountable for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating our online self-paced curriculum to support our various product training levels for customers, partners, and internal employees.
- Develop and validate product training content, including all hands-on material (lectures, exercises, exams, and live Medallia instances to enable the exercises and exams).
- Provide quality assurance support when implementing new training environments and adding new product features to existing training.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to ensure users are successfully enabled to implement new features released by Medallia.
- Assist on the delivery of our current training curriculum for Medallians and Partners and Customers; support virtual content delivery to remote offices.
- Track and monitor curriculum effectiveness to ensure success levels are monitored and adjusted where needed.
- Adapt training content and materials over time to ensure their relevance and usefulness. Collaborate with SMEs to ensure that our product training reflects the latest and greatest of the Medallia product.
- Identify and cultivate best practices and opportunities to leverage technology, LMS and other innovative learning practices into the culture of growth.
- Establish the creative approach and provide creative insights and leadership across Education.
- Raise the bar and take Medallia’s visual brand to the next level. Ensure that visual communications for Education as a Service are on strategy, on brand, and drive results.
- Guide the team by providing clear direction and identifying training opportunities.
- Lead and manage the creative process as it relates to Education as a Service from concept to completion.
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met.
- Effectively direct and manage the development of all creative assets for Education materials.
- 4+ years experience in enterprise software, management or IT consulting, project management, customer management, market research, or similar experience
- 2+ years implementing and/or servicing a SaaS product, working with complex customers and you thoroughly understand implementation and servicing best practices.
- Experience using Captivate, Rise, Lectora, and Camtasia
- Can occasionally travel onsite to a partner in order to deliver our training
- Proven ability to develop an engaging and effective training curriculum to provide essential knowledge and enhance user adoption
- Knowledge of Instructional Design Theory and Adult Learning Principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with implementation partners is a plus!
- Technically skilled and you like to deeply understand how a product is architected and configured.
- Knack for problem solving and are able to easily explain complex challenges in a simple, concise way.
- Demonstrated track record for sharing your knowledge of product and methodology with others. You are passionate about the value of hands-on learning and can pull on countless real-life examples to illustrate what working with the a SaaS product is like.
- Intrinsic desire to continue learning about client work going on in other departments and at partners to stay current with the latest trends and configurations.
- Strong detail orientation and reliably deliver high quality work in a timely manner with little oversight.
- Self-starter and can figure out a path forward on a complicated project despite not having a precedent.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.